Mohegan Sun LINE CHEF - WOMBI in Uncasville, Connecticut
Type of Position
Food & Beverage - BOH
LINE CHEF - WOMBI
This position assists the Chef with the day-to-day operations of the food department.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: includes but not limited to:
• Prepares, seasons and garnishes food in assigned area, in accordance with prescribed recipes and plating guides • Orients and trains new employees in the units menu, recipes and procedures • Maintains a clean and sanitary work area • Assists with ordering, payroll, scheduling and provides input on performance appraisals
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supports culinary management in maintaining the established fiscal guidelines • Assists in the supervision and training of the culinary staff
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
• Associates’ Degree or a two year Culinary Degree • Five years of culinary experience in a high volume, hospitality related food and beverage operation • Previous experience in teaching, training and assisting with the supervision of producing the finest food • In lieu of a degree, seven years of high volume, restaurant experience with training may be considered
Competencies: Incumbent will master the following competencies while in this position: • Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Able to read recipes and follow written directions • Advanced knife skills • Able to produce quality work on all stations in the kitchen • Knowledge of safe and efficient operation of kitchen equipment • Knowledge of the Mohegan Tribal Employment Rights Ordinance (TERO) as it relates to employment
• Understanding of health and sanitation guidelines Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Fast paced kitchen environment • Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time • Must be able to work various shifts and flexible hours
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. Mohegan Sun reserves the right to make changes in the above job description whenever necessary.